So…your skin is drying out and some days it feels like your eye sockets are drying up
Hot air blows on your face in the car in an attempt to warm up – stripping your skin of surface moisture and cracking your lips!
Your body skin is itchy and getting irritated and flakey with the hotter showers and much longer time spent in there (& a quick change into clothes – aka…NO body moisturiser! EEK!)
Well – here’s a dry skin solution:
One of the simplest things you can do 1-2 x per week is to Mask – Keep it simple.
1. Pick 2 days of the week that are going to be your “Mask” days – say Wed night and Sunday night (or Tuesday and Friday)…
2. Set a reminder on your phone…otherwise a new habit is hard to start
– Mid week – you can either add your mask to your exfoliant in the shower…if you have a creamy one or even a clay or charcoal one so soften, hydrate & lift pollution – leave both on for 5 mins while you are cleaning and preening yourself (Yes I’m sure you DO take 5 mins in the shower), rinse off and you’re DONE
OR save it for the evening…mask for 10mins as you’re getting all your “going to bed jobs” done
– End of the week and your much longer (& more nourishing mask) – take a few mins (literally) to cleanse and exfoliate…put your cream or Sheet Mask on (I use the Celavive Hydrating Sheet Mask) and leave on for 20-30mins
3. Make the most of the time with your mask on AND RELAX!
Lie on your bed and do some meditation, read a book, write in a gratitude journal, listen to some music (don’t be tempted to go on Social Media or FB – this is YOUR time to chill).
HINT: set your timer to go off in 30 mins so you can completely relax and not worry about the time.
Chill time is VERY important while you have your mask on
It will soak in quicker – the skin recovers and repairs faster when you are relaxed (that’s why facials work so well).
It is more nutritious that just a night cream or serum – think of it like your night cream on steroids – waaaay…more moisturising and feeding your skin with goodies so your skin repairs and stays hydrated PLUS is less inclined to dry out as fast again with all the extra “goodies” on-board.
So be kind to your skin – MASK – 1 to 2 times per week…you will be so surprised at how this regular “ritual” can really impact your skin’s hydration and minimise fine lines and dryness over time.
I recommend buying the Celavive Hydrating & Firming Sheet Mask – my fave.
Celavive Hydrating & Firming Mask
This at-home beauty treatment hydrates your skin to reveal a more youthful-looking, radiant complexion.
Filled with serum using key botanicals known to hydrate, lift, firm, and smooth the appearance of tired-looking skin, as well as an anti-aging technology that has peptides to “motivate” your skin to repair & work as hard as it can.
In a post-clinical trial, self-assessment of 50 women ages 50-51 using the Celavive dry/sensitive skin regimen:
- 92% agree their skin looks and feels moisturised
- 92% agree their skin looks refined
- 96% agree their skin looks healthy
- 96% agree skin texture looks smooth and even
- 88% agree their skin feels deeply cleansed and purified
Couple this with the exfoliant – (Celavive Exfoliating Scrub + Mask in one).
Dual-action formula gently exfoliates with a pollution-fighting charcoal to help remove stubborn impurities, visibly promote better skin tone, reduce the appearance of pores, and lessen visible signs of ageing.
Featured Science: Olivol Botanical Blend is comprised of fruit extracts clinically shown to provide 24 hours of rich hydration after just one application.
Exfoliate and mask OVER YOUR LIPS weekly to stop them drying out….
More on that next time 🙂